Saturday, July 30, 2011

Debt Ceiling - We need Light not Heat

Where is that preacher in California when we really need him? The one who kept telling us when Jesus would come back. Maybe it will happen and we won't have to worry about what just might happen Tuesday. If that doesn't work maybe we could get the Preacher in Florida that burned the Koran to burn the budget or the debt ceiling or just about anything to get us out of this mess. Or maybe we could get that tiny church in Kansas that keeps on harassing gays to suspend their campaign long enough to wave signs that would say something like: Hey, Politicians how about thinking about the people...and not your upcoming election. It would be a shame if we tanked just because a bunch of selfish, self-serving politicos couldn't handle the people's business in a healthy way.

Are you scared about Tuesday? I am. I hope when all this settles down we are a better nation. (I am dubious.) I wrote weeks ago about this wonderful information site that is fair "and balanced" --I ain't kiddin'--and gives some light where there is far too much heat and posturing. Check out FactCheck's latest piece which sorta clarifies for me what this " bid-ness" is all about. FactCheck comes out of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania.

And if you are any kind of a praying person how about stopping and whispering: "God bless America"--we really need it. You might even add the President's name and maybe John Boehner--but I am not at all sure I would add Mitch McConnell.

No comments:

Post a Comment