Saturday, December 10, 2016

Happy Birthday--Gayle




I love that quote that says: "She was the brightest thing in the store window." Still is. And today is her birthday. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have dragged her around to a whole lot of places and she has always been herself and always had a mind of her own. While I was out somewhere trying supposedly to win souls--she was back home trying to raise two kids, teach 40 piano students and get ready for supper. How did she do it? Who knows. She put up with a lot from her Preacher husband and strange churches sometimes and pushy members that wanted her to jump through their hoops. She never did. She kept her integrity and still does. Never prayed in public, never taught a Sunday School class--but is the best Christian I know. 

Roberta Flack has this wonderful song, "The first time I ever saw your face..." And if I could carry a tune I would strike up that song right now. From that first time...I was struck by lightning. Still am. I wish her mucho happiness not only for today but for all the days that follow.



















 --Roger Lovette / rogerlovette.blogspot.com


1 comment:

  1. Great post, you have pointed out some fantastic points , I likewise think this s a very wonderful website.
    Happy Birthday Greeting Sms Messages for Girlfriends’ Dad

    ReplyDelete