Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Everybody Needs a Good Laugh

photo by David Bergin / flickr



The book of Proverbs says it best: “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.” (Proverbs 17.22) This may be good advice for a people going through a hard time. Who doesn’t need a good laugh these days? Democrats and Republicans and those who don’t vote and just about everybody I know. Nobody should be left out.

I have a fine friend who, day after day keeps a record of some of the funnies her kids have said during the year. I’ve shared some of these in years past. Here's her children's 2019 offerings. Seems that the beginning of a new year it is time to sit and think and have a good laugh.

Here are some of the things her kids said:

Should I let my towel dry before I put it in the washing machine?

See that TV in the corner of the restaurant; aren’t the picture inappropriate?

Did you know that if hotels believe in Jesus they have a Bible in the drawer?

When I am grown up, do I have to make my kids take piano lessons, too?

I’m not hungry. Can I have 2 waffles, 3 pieces of bacon and a scrambled egg?

Wouldn’t it make more sense to put the $ sign afterwards since we say 30 dollars instead of dollars thirty?

Now that I am 4’7” doesn’t that mean that I’m almost as tall as you, Mommy?

If I am the tallest person in my class, does that mean everyone else is growing slowly?

Wouldn’t it be cool if, when Daddy’s truck is old and broken, if we rent a tank, run over the truck, and put it on YouTube?

Can you tell my brother to stop breathing near me?



photo by Roey Ahram / flickr

--Roger Lovette / rogerlovette.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment